I don’t know about you, but this summer I’m starting to feel a little fluffy. I have been enjoying special dates with my favorite little guy for ice cream, and family dinners at the local Mexican restaurant. However, my waist line and energy levels are starting to feel it all. So, today I thought I would share with you some health tips to help fight overindulgence as well as the perfect guiltless treat, Arctic Zero.
The funny thing about enjoying yourself and enjoying all the food you are eating, is sometimes you don’t even realize that they are making you feel blah. Here are some of the signs that you’ve been enjoying your food and treats a little too much…
3 Signs You’ve Overindulged
- Your pants are fitting a little too tight. You know that feeling I’m referring to. That uncomfortable feeling where you have to suck in your stomach just to get your pants buttoned and the whole time you are wondering what in the world is going on. My first instinct is to blame it on the dryer shrinking my pants :), but ultimately, I know that the real reason my pants are a little too tight is that I’ve enjoyed all the delicious summer foods just a little too much.
- You constantly feel bloated. I hate feeling bloated because it is part of why my pants won’t button as easily. Plus, it adds to that overall blah feeling that you can’t seem to shake.
- Finally, there is the mid-afternoon slump that seems to start in the morning and go all day long. That feeling of being tired seems to get worse with each episode of overindulgence, which in turn makes it hard to want to stay active and be productive.
So, now that you know what the signs are, do you feel this way? If so, here are a few ways you can fight that fluffy feeling.
4 Tips to Fight that Fluffy Feeling
- Make healthy food choices as much as possible. Enjoying those delicious sweets and comfort foods is okay. However, try to get plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins in as much as possible. Try limiting your treats to one or two things per week. Just remember moderation is key!
- Get those thirty minutes of exercise in each day. Exercising and staying active will help with the bloating and energy problem as well. Plus, it keeps you from feeling quite so guilty when you do have a few treats.
- Drink plenty of water. Aim for 64 ounces each day. Water helps keep the bloat at bay, gives you more energy, and suppresses the munchies. Getting in enough water each day is something that I struggle with the most, but I always feel so much better when I do.
- Replace your late-night sweets cravings with a healthy treat. Instead of reaching for those cookies or ice cream, try finding something that is better for you, but still makes you feel like you’re treating yourself!
The Perfect Guiltless Treat
I know I can’t be the only mom that reaches for something sweet after I’ve finally gotten my child to bed ????. Usually, I look at it as a reward for making it through the day ????. These “rewards” often leave me feeling guilty. Well, in enters ARCTIC ZERO. I was so excited to try this frozen dessert. Finally, something that I can enjoy after Logan goes to bed or with the entire family without worrying that I’m throwing my whole diet out the window. Let me share with you some of the amazing things about Arctic Zero…
- It is lactose-free! 🙂 This makes it a perfect treat for me because as much as I love ice cream, it doesn’t love me back. So, this is a great dessert that doesn’t leave me feeling bloated and regretting my choice hours later.
- There are gluten free options. I know if you or someone in your family must stay away from gluten this makes sweet treats difficult. So, finally, you all can enjoy a dessert together.
- Some of the Arctic Zero pints have only 150 calories in the entire pint!!! How amazing is that? I’ll be honest, once in a while I accidentally eat the whole pint while watching tv 🙂 So if you’re like me, you’ll be happy to know that you are not getting an overabundance of calories.
- There is whey protein in this dessert which means you are eating a sweet treat that is not empty calories!
- A huge plus in my book about Arctic Zero is that they use monk fruit, which is a healthier sweetener and makes this a great treat for a person with diabetes. Monk fruit is not a sugar alcohol. It is a natural sweetener that comes from fruit.
- The last big thing about this, is that they are GMO-free and there are absolutely no artificial ingredients. This makes my mama heart happy and means that I have no hesitation letting my child enjoy this sweet treat.
Would I Purchase Arctic Zero?
I was so excited to try this frozen treat because I have a bit of a rocky relationship with milk. So, as much as I enjoy ice cream, I tend to shy away from it. The first time I tried this, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. Shadrach and I pulled out six different flavors and decided to try a little bit of each. Well, let’s just say, some of the flavors didn’t mix so well.
I also realized that I was expecting this to be exactly like ice cream, but it’s not. You might find this in the ice cream aisle, but it is not ice cream. It’s a frozen dessert that is a great alternative to ice cream. Once I realized this, I decided to give it another try. The second go I only tried one flavor instead of six altogether. I dug into Peanut Butter Swirl, and it was delicious! That was it, I was hooked! I love that I found a treat I can eat that I have zero guilt over and there is no angry stomach afterward either!
So, yes, I will be buying Arctic Zero! In fact, I plan to keep a pint on hand, in the freezer. There are a few flavors I haven’t had the opportunity to try yet, and I can’t wait to try them. I’m sure my little guy will be right there helping me eat them as well! ????
How to Enjoy Arctic Zero
Since Arctic Zero isn’t an actual ice cream, there are a few steps you need to do to ensure it is creamy and soft before you dig in. The first thing is that it is recommended you thaw it for 15 minutes at room temperature. Which let me tell you, those 15 minutes seem to take forever. So, if you can’t or don’t want to wait, there is the option of putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Taking one of these two steps ensures that you have the perfect texture. In my opinion, I tried it both ways, and leaving it on the counter to thaw seems to give the best results.
Your Chance to Try Arctic Zero for Free
I’m excited to share that I am doing a little giveaway! I have three vouchers; each is good for a free pint of Arctic Zero. There will be three lucky winners. You will receive one voucher each so you can try this delicious treat!
The giveaway is going to be a quick one and will only be up for 24 hours. All you have to do is comment below and tell me what your favorite flavor of ice cream is. I will choose the winners tomorrow evening (Monday, August 7 @ 7 pm). In case you just can’t wait to try this, you can check here for a location near you that carries Arctic Zero!
* Update – This Giveaway has ended.
Well, this has become one of my favorite treats, and I love that I have something healthier that my picky four-year-old can enjoy with me! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!