I have a confession, I don’t get all that excited about Halloween and Logan has never dressed up for it. I know… I’m a party pooper, but I didn’t really grow up celebrating Halloween. Dressing up is something I just don’t get very excited about. I have never really made a big deal about it with Logan. However, due to all the kids shows he watches, he has learned about the holiday and all about dressing up.
He asked me the other day if he could dress up and go trick or treating. I kind of stopped for a second since everything in me wanted to say “No” but I didn’t. Instead, I asked him what costume he’d like to wear. First, he told me he wanted to be a cute pumpkin. Since that conversation, it has evolved into many other things. So, I’m not sure what he will end up being and I’m not really sure if Shadrach and I will dress up too. What I am sure about is we are going to be taking Logan around our community the day they have trick or treating.
I decided not to do scary costumes or decorations. In my mind, this is fun family time. Our little community does their trick or treating usually the Sunday around Halloween. It is done usually around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, during daylight hours. There is nothing scary and it is very family driven. That is the feel I’d like to keep for the holiday.
Now, on to fun costume choices. I have gotten a little excited and carried away looking at costumes. There are just SO many cute choices. Here’s my list of 6 cute costumes for boys and girls (even though I don’t have a girl it doesn’t mean I can’t look at the cute costumes, right?). If you need a last minute idea for costumes, check these out. 🙂
3. Super Girl Costume – I just love it when girls dress in the female version of superheroes. This one is extra cute with the tutu dress. What I can say, I’m a sucker for a tutu. 🙂
4. Boys Dinosaur Costume (or Girls if you have a little girl into dinosaurs too)
6. The Flash Costume – This one makes me laugh. It would have been perfect for Logan, but he has set in his mind what he wants to be and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even know who the Flash is.
Logan’s Top Choices:
1. Fireman – If we go this route, I plan on decorating his wagon to look like a fire truck. I already have some ideas of what to do for this.
2. Race Car Driver – I can even decorate his wagon like a race car. Not quite sure how to do that and I may be getting a little overly detailed but we will see how it works out. I can try to be a Pinterest mom, right?
3. Batman – This is his go to superhero right now. 🙂
4. Chase from Paw Patrol – Every time Logan sees this costume he claims this is what he wants to be. I’m not sure if I would do anything with his wagon , but I may just keep it simple if we go this route.
You can check out my Halloween Pinterest board for more costume ideas!
I do not plan on dressing up but if Logan goes as Batman, it might be kind of fun for Shadrach to dress up as Robin and for me to be Cat Woman. We’ll see. Check back soon for the big reveal. 🙂 Also, keep a look out to see what we plan on doing with all of the Halloween candy we get.
What do you do for Halloween? Do you do a family theme costumes or just let your kiddos choose their own?
* This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.